Thursday 15 October 2009

Instructions for Rory's Rockets

I had a surprise phonecall a few days ago, commissioning Rory's Rockets as a project for Australian Patchwork and Quilting; wanting it and the instructions rather urgently! As thrilled as I was, I had to tell them it was no longer up to me, but that I would contact the quilt's owner, to see if she was still happy to send it off for photography. Happily for me, she was most obliging and not only agreed, but mailed it off via express post the very next day.
So instead of sewing, or tidying up in preparation for Ads' visit this weekend, I've spent the last few nights working on the instructions. It's hard without the quilt to hand, and of course I can't find my notes, but luckily I have the design files and photos to work from. I think one more night or writing will see the instructions done, then there's just the diagrams and steps for photography.

Rory's Rockets is scheduled to be in Australian Patchwork and Quilting Vol 18 No 12, due out in March 2010.

And a reminder about a giveaway (entries now closed) here this weekend to coincide with the opening of my Etsy shop!

10 comments:

Jo said...

Congratulations on getting the quilt into Australian Patchwork and Quilting.

Lily Mulholland said...

Congrats Emma! Wonderful. A bit odd though that they waited so long, as you can't get that rocket fabric any more. It will be hard for people to make, because I haven't seen any good rocket fabric around lately. But it's such a great quilt I think people will alter the ideas to suit! Well done!!

Mark said...

Congratulations! It is a beautiful quilt!

Little Munchkins said...

That a gorgeous quilt. But March 2010...that's ages away!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations !!! Well deserved, that quilt is great. I hope you'll remind us in March to go and get the magazine.

Anne D said...

Congratulations.It looks like a grat quilt. I will be back in Australia when it comes out so I can buy the magazine!!

Anne D said...

I actually meant a great quilt. I should read my comments before I post them.

Jeannette said...

Such a lovely blog and the quilts...WOW. I have been very impressed with almost every quilt I have seen made in Australia...I think the department of tourism should be giving you wuilters all bonus bolts of cloth or rainbows of quilting threads.

Mom said...

How wonderful!!
How exactly do you send a quilt into a magazine?

Helen said...

March seems like ages away!!! Looks great Em, well done!