Friday 17 September 2010

Through the Arched Window


My next Beach Scene Quilt is complete! As I made this, I developed the pattern for it. It's all written and edited, now I need to deal with the pattern pieces. They're ready to take to get scanned tomorrrow so I can then finish them digitally. Then I need to get them printed. And figure out how to turn the thing into a PDF pattern. The PDF-to-be version is about 40 pages long, with 77 photos! Both that and the hard copy also have some diagrams. Any tips on PDFing a pattern (especially the pattern pieces on A2 sheets, so they print out the right size) would be most welcome.


The name for this quilt comes from Playschool, and the arched-effect of the centre panel plus the sun. The arched window was always my favourite!

More photos when I launch the pattern - hopefully in a week or two.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I don't have any tips for pattern production but the quilt is fabulous!

Tangles of Thread said...

Hi, what a fun project! I do a bit of 'PDF' translation in my volunteer pursuits. The first thing to try is a free PDF printer like CutePDF. You install it like a regular printer and then choose it when you go to print and it creates a PDF file instead. Print one hard copy and check the dimensions on the pattern. Make sure the scaling is turned off. If that doesn't work, I also use Adobe PhotoShop for the layout of a sports program that is sold at games. Create a template, then each page can be created, overlayed, manipulated or scaled as needed. This is brief, but might give you some ideas! Feel free to contact me if you need more details.

Nancy Page said...

Beautiful quilt! Congratulations on having created a new pattern. I wish I knew something to help you out. I am so sorry that I don't. But I do love the quilt.

Have a super great day.

Elaine said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I'd also like to learn how to do PDF patterns. Maybe when you learn, you can share it.