I finished and photographed this quilt a while ago, but somehow never actually blogged it properly. It's so big that we don't have a plain section of wall big enough for it. The best spot was over the kitchen window...
...and even that wasn't entirely flat. In addition to the window itself, there are a few pipes which stick out, and I couldn't stick the quilt totally flat. It's also further under the eaves than my preferred spot, so the top is a bit shadowed - and by the time it was all hung, I had direct sunlight on it in places as well.
Ages ago I got a tip from Valori Wells, who uses carpet tape to hold her quilts for photography. I've been using regular double-sided tape for ages, but even on a single bed quilt, I have to use masses of the stuff - and even then it won't hold long enough for my liking. I knew I'd really only be able to stick this one at the top, so finally hunted down the carpet tape - it was readily available at the local hardware store. I used two full-length strips across the top, and that was plenty. In fact, I re-used the same tape twice for other quilts the next day! But a word of caution, although it did no damage to either the quilt or my rendered wall, keep it off printed labels, and test a little on your walls first.
I haven't heard yet from my sister-in-law, as shortly after it arrived she ended up hospitalised and about a week later had her baby girl (whose quilt I am yet to start!).