Saturday 26 November 2011

Mother of Pearl in AP&Q

My Mother of Pearl quilt is in the new issue of Australian Patchwork & Quilting magazine (Vol 20 No 12) which I got this week.


I blogged about it in depth back here, but will share a couple of photos now, although I'm still waiting to get it back to photograph properly.


It uses my favourite foundation-piecing technique, and the centre block has 165 pieces! It shrinks in the making because it has so many seams, so it starts 1/4in bigger (plus the usual seam allowances) than the finished size.




It measures about 150cm (58in) square, and I'm thinking of listing it for sale, so contact me if you're intrerested.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's a beautiful quilt!

FlourishingPalms said...

It's a beautiful quilt, Emma. But gosh. 165 pieces? You're a mad-woman! VBG