Friday 15 October 2010

Tendrils

Today's post is another quilt I made a while ago but didn't blog properly at the time. It's weird looking at the photos a year later, and thinking about what I did 'back then'.


To start with, it was at the stage I was getting really frustrated with the poor focus of my old camera, so the edges of the full-quilt photos are dreadful.


It was also while I was still having a lot of problems with my sewing machine, and that, combined with less experience really influenced my quilting choices on this quilt. From the back I can see how little quilting I actually did!


But from the front, the tight stipple on the white adds lovely texture and makes the unquilted colours pop, and the quilt was well-received when I gave it to my cousin's baby girl.


The quilt's name came form these green curlicues that caused me so much grief!






If I was quilting it now, I'd do quite a bit of quilting in-the-ditch, add curlicues into the green triangles and do something on the pink squares, but I'd still want to leave the petal fabric squares at the centres of the stars unquilted.

4 comments:

Quiltbenaco said...

a me piace tanto così com'è
Ciao Domenica

Vicki W said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

And the quilt is still well received!!! Thanks!! We have it in Ebony's room and she plays on it every day! I still love the bright colours - so cheery :)

Kate

Quilter Kathy said...

I'm visiting from Vicki's fibre field trip ...I think this quilt is beautiful! I like how the dense quilting on the white spaces makes the blocks pop up more. And the tendrils are really cool!