Monday 12 January 2009

The Right Direction

Here at last is the completed The Right Direction.
My parents' best friend remarried on 4th January, and this is what we gave the happy couple. The name reflects both the design and the fact that after nearly 2 decades, he (and they!) are now moving in the right direction together.
When my father reminded me of his interest in compasses, the block was an easy choice!
I had a look at some photos of their home, and tried to pick colours which would match.
Rotated at Blogger's discretion:

I took the opportunity of a beach holiday to photograph it in an appropriate location.
Unfortunately the wind was NOT appropriate, and I had to rescue it from the water!
No photos of that as I was more interested in not losing it!

2 comments:

AJ said...

I like that last photo Emma...well worth the effort!

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt! You did a great job of choosing fabrics, as it turned out gorgeous!