Monday 23 February 2009

Quantity

Here is Fairy Dancing, the bed quilt for my niece Zoe, who's just turned two.

I finished sewing the label on at 1.30 this morning, and had ot be at her party at the awfully early hour of 9am. That meant getting up earlier than I would for work; plus I had to photograph it!

I'm not entirely happy with it. I was working to such a tight timeframe, I didn't have the chance to make changes where I might otherwise have.

And being so rushed, I didn't get to check the photos before we had to wrap it and leave, and they're not as sharp as they should be. I'm getting tired of that.

But I do like this row of stars.

And these fairies bordered by triangles.

The photo for the label was taken at James' birthday party last year - and the same facepainter was there today! (Yes, James was a butterfly again!)

And here's the two-year-old fairy looking at her new quilt:
I've been working on Eleanor's teddy quilt tonight, and getting frustrated with skimpy seam allowances where there should have been ample. I'm starting to think I need to wind back on quilt numbers and focus on taking time to make quilts I like, rather than committing myself to some I really don't want to. Despite the problems, it's nice to be working on a design I love, and something for my own family for a change. And Eleanor will be wanting a bed quilt soon, too!

On that grumpy note, I'm off to bed.

7 comments:

Mom said...

Lovely. What photo printing fabric sheets do you use? They are unbelievably crisp and bright in color - better than others I have seen/used.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, what a lucky birthday girl your niece is. It's a stunning quilt.

Annieofbluegables said...

That is gorgeous. You have such a talent with colors and texture. I am in LOVE!
~a

Andi said...

I think that having a tight deadline might free you up to be less perfectionistic.
This quilt is just beautiful. And I'm sure the little fairy will just adore it.
Well done.
Andi :-)

Austysmum said...

Well done Emma - another gorgeous EH creation! The photo came out beautifully too. Love the stippling.

thehummingcat said...

Love it Another one tobe published for a magazine, or are you aiming for a book?

AJ said...

HAHAHA Adds...Free copies for EB Quilters when you print your book!! LOL

Great Job Emma!!