Wednesday 13 January 2010

Southern Star, first quilt of 2010


Southern Star is my first quilt for 2010.

It lost something between the design and execution, and it's just not quite how I envisaged.

Although the quilting looks ok, the design shows up and little mistakes. And though it was fun to start with, I soon tired of it, as it's kind of boring, and frustrating to get it looking even and random rather than stacked and repetitive.

I do love the colours though. It's quilted with a beautiful variegated Aurifil 50wt cotton.

Next job is to find the time to make a quilt using more of these stars!

6 comments:

Eila said...

Really beautiful colors, great work and wonderful star!

AJ said...

I like the blues and aquas Emma...great start to the year!

Unknown said...

Love the star.

Jonathan said...

I think it's lovely! I really like the colors!

FlourishingPalms said...

Don't belittle your quilting! It's very nice. I too quilt with Aurifil #50. And I have a print in my stash that's the same as yours: the aqua swirl. Your star with the rails is very effective. What a nice baby gift!

LittleWhiteDove said...

Lovely job you've done! I'm very jealous of your perfect quilting, I'm attempting a similar type of FMQ at the minute and I think disaster would be an understatment!