James told me his friend Ella from child care would like a quilt, and as her birthday is in January, I obliged. She asked for her face to be painted as a fairy at James' birthday party, so I knew I had to have this fabric.
It has been quite a task keepign James quiet about it, but I don't think he has spilled the secret - yet!
The leaves were Simon's suggestion, and although at times while I was doing them, I hated some of the messy leaves, I really do like the overall effect, and am glad I did it. Good practice, too!
He suggested the watery quilting lines I used, too, and I spent a while doodling ideas for the pink sections. My final idea was much better in theory!
I love the fabric, and am really happy with the quilt, especialyl fro having tried something different and harder with the quiting. My machine still has bouts of the bobbin thread catching, but if I'm not going too quickly, I can feel it happening before it's too late, and gently remove, untangle and replace the bobbin wihtout the thread breaking.