Tuesday 6 October 2009

Fruit Punch

I think I've finally decided on a name for ths quilt; Fruit Punch.
It's a baby's play quilt made from Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market range. I felt like having fun, so went for simple piecing to show off the fabrics, and more of the swirly FMQ I did on the last quilt.
The border has two neat, straight lines of quilting, but I allowed the swirls to go across the borders at one point, as a bit of a feature. I really like the effect, so expect to see it crop up again!
I actually cut strips from almost the entire range, but when counting how many I had and needed, I worked out there were plenty to spare, so pared-back the palette a little and dropped the darker purple, burgundy and teal. I'll use them elsewhere soon enough.
It was a lovely day, so I took this and a few other quilts into the sunshine. This is from the back with the sun filtering through:
Here it is in full sun showing the quilting texture:
It matches beautifully with all the fresh spring growth in our garden:
Fruit Punch is going to be part of the starting stock in my Etsy shop, but I foresee a few more coming up for some babies on the way - especially with some of the stunning new fabric ranges due out soon, such as Sandi's Meadowsweet and Patty's Flora & Fauna.

6 comments:

thehummingcat said...

Love it! The quilting over the border is a fantastic look.

FlourishingPalms said...

You've quite mastered that wonderful swirly stitch! I really like it. Hope to give it a try on the next mission quilt I make. Thanks for sharing.

~LilOlFrankie~ said...

This is gorgeous :o)

Helen said...

This one is stunning Emma! Love it!

Gina said...

Great quilt and I love the effect of taking the swirls into the border

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Debi R said...

Your quilt, and your quilting, are awesome! Job well done!