Wednesday 1 October 2008

Change of Season

I got outside in the sunshine (perhaps a bit too much at first) today with this quilt. It was such fun hanging it among the wisteria - apart from the bees! I love the scent of wisteria. It's now just waiting for bubs to make her late arrival.
The design is a lot simpler than most of my quilts, but I really wanted to feature the fabric - Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market. I love this range so much I've designed a quilt for myself out of it, and have about 25m of it in my stash or on its way. Apart from the white background, the only other fabric is the blue centre squares; a snowflake print because both the recipient family and mine love to ski (well, there's one rogue snowboarder in there, but let's just forget about that!).

4 comments:

Tychi said...

You are handy!

Austysmum said...

I absolutely ADORE this quilt! Sets such a fun and cheery mood, and the striped binding is PERFECT!!

Natalie said...

Wow this is just gorgeous. I adore the colours and the fun quilting!

Helen said...

I love this quilt Emma! It is my all time fav of your work! Stunning!