It's made with a Verna honeybun. I cut the fabric strips into 2.5 and 2.5in pieces, then joined them into 37in and 43in lengths - roughly James' and Eleanor's heights. I then used an ivory solid to bring the total length of each to 50in, by adding different amounts to each end. It was a challenge joining such long narrow strips, because when I pressed them, they really wanted to distort.
The quilt is for one of the staff at James and Eleanor's child care, and I've called it Growing, in reference to both James and Eleanor, and the plants depicted on thye fabric.
As well as the honeybun, I also bought a FQ bundle, and a few pieces of yardage from the range. It's most unusual for me to but precuts, and I don't plan to make a habit of it, because they're quite limiting for my style. The border just came form a FQ - width determined by the FQ rather than design, but it works. I had planned to bind it in one of the Verna stripes, but in the end, it really needed this deeper blue. It's not from Verna, but it ties in really well.
I quilted this freehand in a meandering open feather allover, which quilts up beautifully - and quickly. It's the same pattern I decided to use on my current customer quilt, which is also almost done.
I'm really pleased with how this quilt came out, and I hear its new owner is, too.
I've lost the piece of paper where I jotted down the finished dimensions so I could calctulate how many binding strips I needed, but it's about 48 x 62in.