Monday 22 December 2008

Daydreams revealed

I've posted peeks of this quilt before in various photoshopped colours, but here's the whole thing in true colour now is has been received. Daydreams:
As I mentioned in my previous post, I went to visit Joy and Madelyn today. Of course, I didn't just deliver the group quilt; I also designed one for her myself. I used one of my favourite techniques of taking just a few blocks, and arranging and 'colouring' then symmetrically to give a medallion effect, where the original blocks are hard to distinguish among the overall pattern.
I ordered way more turquoise fabrics than I would need, but had to have choice when I was finalising the design - it was hard narrowing-down the selection!
I rather like the way the corner section shown above resembes a dragonfly, mirroring the feature fabric.
The obligatory bridge photo, with an overgrown background!
Best wishes for a wonderful life and pleasant Daydreams, Madelyn!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Another stunning quilt Emma. I love your designs, they are so effective.

Gina said...

It's stunning. I love it

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Ellie said...

You truly are an amazing talented generous lady.

Lily Mulholland said...

Beautiful Emma. Margaret will have to pinch this one as well for her 4SQS5 inspiration pictures!