I finished this quilt quite a while ago, and just hadn't got around to sharing it. But it's more interesting than a picture of me writing quilt instructions, so I'm sharing it tonight. It'll be a gift for another one of James and Eleanor's kindergarten teachers (that's 2 quilts down, one to go, before the end of term), and as she's heading to Canada for a teacher exchange next year, I brainstormed a suitable name.
I used strips from a batik jellyroll and/or Bali-pop for the Palm blocks, and used narrow sashing between the blocks using the same fabric as the block backgrounds.
I showed some of the quilting months ago when I started doing it; I used a tessellating feathery pattern which utilised the open spaces, rather than sticking to the square blocks.
This quilt has a lovely, cosy feel to it, and I hope it gets plenty of use - I picture it wrapped around someone on a sofa, reading a book in front of a fire while it's snowing outside (you know, just to match the snowflake background fabric!).
Now I need to focus on the third quilt; I'd been planning something in deep reds, but Eleanor informs me that purple and orange are the colours of choice. If I decide to trust a 4-year-old, I'll probably go with purples!
Now, back to writing instructions and hand-stitching labels onto quilts - I'm hoping to post five quilts to various destinations tomorrow.