Wednesday 19 January 2011

In the Pink


In the Pink is my first finish for 2011. I got a bit of a headstart, because this and a couple of other quilts really should have been finished before the end fo 2010, if I hadn't been sick. This one was all quilted (and had been for about a month!) and just awaiting binding.



This is a flannel play quilt for a friend's baby girl, featuring a few Valori Wells prints. I'm thinking now that I should have called it the Pink Elephant - oh well, I'll save that for next time I use that fabric!


I just quilted around the flower and the flower's centre, and ditch-quilted either side of the striped border, then FMQed a freehand swirl across the rest of the body of the top.


The outer border has a triple free-hand scallop. I used the squares against the border as markers.


Now I just need to deliver this quilt.

3 comments:

Kirsty said...

Stunning as always Emma, love the quilting

Barbara said...

I love the quilting, Emma - I am really crazy about the actual pattern - did you design this yourself and did you find it elsewhere ?

Would be perfect for the charity quilts I make for our Children's hospital

Vicki W said...

It's very cute!