Thursday 28 October 2010

Cover girl!

I got the latest copy of Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine today (Vol 19 No 9 - on sale any day now), with my Christmas quilt on the cover!


It's always a thrill to see my quilts in magazines, and I was actually asked to design this one specially for AP&Q.

I was chatting with a friend one night while I was working on it, and she mentioned it would be her dream to have a Christmas quilt published, so I decided to name it after her. I hope she doesn't mind...

I had decided to keep it a secret until it was published, which worked out rather well, since I was in such a mad rush to post it, that I didn't get a chance to take even half-decent photographs of it!


I did take a few quick shots, which show the feathered star in the centre, and some of the feathered quilting.


A feathered star has to have feathers...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on making the cover!

Joanne said...

How wonderful! Congratulations!

Joan said...

Congratulations Emma - thats wonderful...did you FMQ that...its terrific!

Anne D said...

What a gorgeous quilt. Congrats. I will be buying the magazine when it is at the newsagent!

~LilOlFrankie~ said...

Congrats Emma, I got my copy last week already. I immediately thought of THC when I saw the name for your quilt and wondered if there was a connection, I'm sure she will be thrilled :o)

Bec Clarke said...

Ohh how exciting a cover girl, it looks lovely, I haven't bought one of those for ages but I may have to start again.
Well done

FlourishingPalms said...

Absolutely stunning, Emma! Your quilted feathers are beautiful. Congratulations of being a Cover Girl!

Fiona said...

Congratulations Emma, it is stunning!!