Wednesday 30 September 2009

Bear in the Woods

This has been a UFO for at least 5 years. I made the top while we were in Canberra, and we've been back in Adelaide 5 full years as of last weekend.
I decided it was time I finished it off, and it really didn't take long. I only had to embroider the bear's eye, and sandwich, quilt and bind it.
The bear is a Margaret Rolfe foundation-pieced pattern.
I really enjoyed quilting the trees.
Here it is at home in the 'woods'; the photo below shows the background quilting texture well.
I've put this aside to go with the seasonal trees into my Etsy shop when I open it - hopefully in a few weeks.

6 comments:

thehummingcat said...

Oh, is that my Christmas present? Love it!!

thehummingcat said...

or my coming all the way to SA to visit present?

Leah said...

I love that pattern, and your quilting looks fab (as usual)

Austysmum said...

Gorgeous! What a cute quilt!

Lily Mulholland said...

I think this will sell for sure! Love the quilting - looks like snow :)

Juni said...

Cute quilt! Oooh, way to go with the Etsy shop!