Friday 5 March 2010

Rory's Rockets published

I was thrilled to get my copy of Australian Patchwork and Quilting Vol 18 No 12 today, because appearing on page 96 is Rory's Rockets! Of course, the first thing I noticed is that the quilt is upside down, but that won't make any difference to the instructions.
It's a beautiful single-bed quilt I designed and made on commmission for a little boy's first big bed, which he's about to move into.

(the right way up:)
I blogged plenty of photos of Rory's Rockets after I finished it back here - before I knew it was going to the magazine. In fact, I didn't know about that until after I'd sent it to it's owner, and she very graciously agreed to lend it back for photography, since the little boy was still in his cot. I hope he's enjoying his quilt now!

8 comments:

thehummingcat said...

OMG it looks fantastic, albeit upside down but woo who! Can't wait till I get my copy, signed of course!

*Cornelia* said...

wow what a beautiful quilt, Im sure he will love it

Hugs Cornelia

AJ said...

I agree Emma It does look upside down in the magaine!

Annieofbluegables said...

That is so wonderful! Congratulations. Did the owner submit it to the magazine or you? GREAT JOB! I am so impressed with your creativeness.
~a

FlourishingPalms said...

Congratulations, Emma. It's a beautiful quilt. And I can't believe the magazine editors didn't ask you which way was up. It's still beautiful though.

Natalie said...

Wow that looks fantastic! lol at them putting it upside down, you'd think they would've asked you first. Neverless, it must be a great feeling to see it published.

Unknown said...

Didn't get my APQ this week so will have to assume I'll get it in the mail next week. Can't wait for it now, that quilt, as always, is gorgeous!

Lily Mulholland said...

Like I said on EB, I'm so excited for you - it is a beautiful quilt - and so versatile - it looks great both ways up!