Friday 16 January 2009

Lots to Celebrate

This was my last quilt of 2008, but I'm only blogging it now that it has been received.

I intentionally made 4 extra bento box blocks when I was making Sue's Quilt, so I could use them in a mini. I added an extra round to each to get a better size and spread of colour, then got out my black and white prints for a play.
I've obviously still got the background stippling bug...
But managed to use some of my favourite King Tut variegated in the starry border.
I was actually finishing this on New Years' Eve when I came up with the name. Initially it wa inspired by the stars, but also the date, and the fact that the recipient of this (part of my Pay It Forward commitments) has been celebrating some long-awaited news, and will be celebrating a new arrival later in the year.
Tip your head to the right because Blogger decided this should be a portrait image...

6 comments:

Gina said...

Love the quilt. King Tut variegated are my favourites to work with aswell

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Leah said...

Nice one, Emma - I'm getting very keen on black and white in quilts - goes perfectly here :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I really like this one. that was a good idea adding another round on the Bento Box blocks. I love the colors.

Leah said...

Hi Emma! Saw you in the Quilter's thread on Eb. You are SO VERY talented! I love your quilts. :0)

Lily Mulholland said...

Great work AGAIN Emma! Your labels remind me I should include washing instructions on mine too!

Kelly said...

I love this quilt and the black and white star fabric. I'm in the middle of a black, white and blue bento box myself :0)

Hope you're keeping cool.