Happy 100 blog posts to me!
To celebrate, here's my latest quilt. I made it over the Easter long weekend, and it's finished apart from a name and a label (which I will do once I get a photo of the baby it's for).
I enjoyed working on a small quilt after 2 single-bed quilts; they are just so much faster and easier to handle through the machine. The leaves are foundation-pieced, with hand appliqued stems. I'm really happy with my applique work, but my hands suffered. There wasn't that much of it, but the left hand which holds it in place as I sew was in agony by the time I was done. This quilt again features free-motion stippling. I find it easy enough - when my machine is cooperating, but a source of endless frustration when the bottom thread keeps loosening or breaking. It's usually all fine with the first bobbin; then I swap to a new one and everything falls to pieces.
I spent a while doodling with paper and pencil to come up with something a little more interesting than a plain stipple, but failed miserably. I should have taken my books - I'll look at them now, for next time!