Monday 12 December 2011

Christmas Tree

Spending the day putting up the Christmas tree and lights with 4- and 6-year-old assistance doesn't get a lot of quilting done, but it's definitely more fun - especially when the quilting doesn't go as smoothly as planned when you do eventually sit down at it. I can't delay too much though - this quilt is for James' teacher, and this is the last week of term!


We went to a bigger Christmas tree farm this year, and picked out this beauty. It's about 9ft tall - a perfect fit, as the tree-topper is only about 10cm/4in from the ceiling! If I ever want a bigger tree, I'll need a new house.


I've discovered an improved way to photograph the tree. First put a Christmas quilt beneath it. Then, focus with the tree lights off, then get a helper to turn them on for the photo (2nd photo)! It took 600 fairy lights to get the tree glowing to my satisfaction.

We don't put the presents under the tree until Christmas Eve. Although Father Christmas only fills the stockings in this house, with Shadow and Cocoa inside much of the time, it's not a risk I'm willing to take.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty! That quilt is gorgeous with it.

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Beautiful (x-large) christmastree, and beautiful quilt too!
I wish you a funny time with your kids, enjoy it ☺
Liebe Grüße
Bente - Germany
mother of two adult children ☺

thehummingcat said...

Look at that stunning quilt!