Wednesday 21 December 2011

Preparations

I've been busy again on my current tree quilt - although I'm having an 'early' night. It's been after 4am the last three mornings, but after this I'm heading to bed .I'm planning to be in bed by 3am so I can get up relatively early and take James and Eleanor to see Father Christmas at the Magic Cave - early or the queues will be completely horrendous! While we're out I have to choose the Christmas chocolates (loose ones from the David Jones Gallery), get one last gift (Simon's! - I have 3 good ideas, so it should be reasonably quick/easy) and pick up a few items at the supermarket.

I'm actually pretty organised (well, apart form one quilt which just won't happen for Christmas), and am keen to get wrapping, but as we missed the Carols by Candlelight due to rain on Sunday, I'm planning a fun evening for James and Eleanor on Christmas Eve. We'll watch the Melbourne Carols by Candlelight on television and make a bit of an event out of it; light our own candles, eat chocolates etc. and wrap the presents together.

Tomorrow afternoon James and Eleanor will have a nap and then write the cards they made this morning and I plan to get this quilt top done and sandwiched, and hopefully spend some time refining a few new designs. There are only a few small appliques to add to this quilt now, and I've already marked a couple of quilitng designs. Today I finished adding a name (love the font!), added the border and did lots of prep work.

(please ignore the ironing-board cover print showing through!)

1 comment:

Melaniemmacdonald said...

Hi There! I love the font, too! What font is it?
Thank you,