Saturday 2 January 2010

New Year, New Quilt

Big surprise there!


I'm working on an overdue baby's quilt. It's a simple 4x4 layout, with fairly simple 8in blocks I'll have fun quilting. But I decided to include a feature block, which took longer than the other 15 blocks combined! For the mathematically inclined (like me) the bulk of the blocks have 12 pieces each (all rectangles), for a total of 180. The feature block has 80 triangles! I had to recount several times to be convinced of this.


The long sides of these triangles are around 1 1/8in, and the short side just under 7/8in. I love the block and will definitely use it again, but am not entirely sold on it in this quilt. I'm adding the borders tonight, and hopefully will like it better once it's done and quilted.

4 comments:

thehummingcat said...

I love it!

FlourishingPalms said...

This is gorgeous - 180 pieces or no! Your color choices are perfect. Definitely a block you should make again.

Fabric Fanatic said...

I think it's stunning and can't wait to see the quilt in it's entirety.

Andee said...

This quilt looks fantastic! Everything from the colors to the simple rails with that WOW em star block! Very nice...I love it!