Saturday 28 August 2010

Bliss!

A short while ago, I happened to comment on Valori Wells' peek of her new flannel range Bliss, saying how pleased I was to see the elephants, because my elephant-mad sister was about to have her first baby. I was absolutely delighted when Valori emailed me back, offering some of the sample yardage, and only a week later, a beautifully-wrapped parcel arrived with a whole yard of the blue elephant fabric!
Then, the next day, there was another delivery. Sarah gave birth to tiny baby Edward. Just 2 days before his due date, and he weighs only 6g less than James did at birth - I can't believe he could ever have been that small!
So after a visit to have a cuddle with my first nephew...
..I pulled out some coordinating flannels from my stash. I love the way Valori's ranges all work with one another. Bliss will be shipping around October, and is available for preorder at the Stitchin Post. I know I'll be getting more!
But for now, I can't wait to get started on Edward's very special first quilt. Congratulations Sarah and Peter!

And a special thank you to Val!

1 comment:

Joan said...

Congrats to the new parents..they look so happy. I love your colour combination and fabrics for Edwards first quilt...he is a lucky lttle boy to have a quilter for an Aunt :)