I spent the afternoon setting it up and looking through the manual, and have done some foundation-pieicng this evening. Here are my thoughts so far; I'll continue to give a few updates as I try new things out and get more familiar with it.
- The lighting - wow!
- Smooth stitching
- Curved extension table
- Good vision of the needle due to the shaped head
- Built-in clock
- The denstist's mirror that comes with the accessories - just because it's fun!
- It's a bit too computer-y, but I'll probably get used to it
- The presser-foot is slooow to lift (hover) when I pause stiching - fine for chain-piecing, but slow for appliqueing curves
- It's just so different from my last machine that for now the basics are taking me too long - but again, I'll get used to it
- The buttons near the needle (e.g. needle up/down, presser-foor up/down, reverse, etc.) are hard to read - the shaped head means the buttons face slightly downwards, and the images on the buttons are mostly obscured from view