Saturday 17 August 2013

Other things

You could be forgiven for thinking I don't know how to do other things - but I do! I just don't do them very often!

I knitted my first garment.


We spent a week skiing.


And I've been sorting photos and starting to get our albums up-to-date - they stopped when Eleanor was about a month old! When she was one, I ordered 2500 prints (covering 12 months) which sat untouched for about 5 years. I don't do the whole scrap-booking thing, but I do like to lay my photos out nicely on the pages and label them. I've got about 2000 photos in, which filled the 4 albums and umpteen refills I had already, though they're not labelled yet. I've ordered more albums and refill pages and am sorting through our many, many photos (thankfully well filed), choosing which to print and preparing (editing and cropping) them. My aim is to be roughly caught-up by the end of the year.

(It takes a while to get 2500 photos in proper order!)

And I've read a lot.

My sewing machine stood, switched off, for an unprecedented month or more! But last week I jumped back into it with a quick summer project for Australian Patchwork & Quilting - here's a peek:


Today I'm working with James on his latest quilt. I'm getting him to do more himself this time, such as most of the cutting. I'm also getting him to think things through and work out what to do next, and how (e.g. which pieces to sew together first and how to flip them to get the right edges pinned together). It's agonisingly slow, but satisfying for both of us.

2 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

You've been away from the blogosphere for a long while, but it's apparent you've kept busy. Good for you to be knitting. And that photo thing... oh my! So much work. It's sorta funny that you're organizing to LOAD photo albums. Last year we had 28 albums and didn't know what to do with all of them. I ended up spending an entire week UNLOADING 2,314 photos from albums to scan and organize them onto CDs! It's good to see your quilting again. As always, it looks beautiful.

CitricSugar said...

That's your FIRST knitted garment? Wow - beautiful job!