I set this quilt aside a little over a year ago because it (well really, my Pfaff) was driving me batty. With 130+ butterflies to FMQ applique in place, if a third of the stitches are skipped and the thread snaps and creates birdsnests about 15 times per butterfly (no exaggeration, I promise!) it's just not worth it. It was going to take me a lifetime and cost me my sanity! I think that was the point when I decided once and for all that I was going to get an 820 - though it took another 6 months or so before I finally did.
I've had other quilt I had to work on until now, but on Tuesday while James and Eleanor were at school, I made a really big dent in it, and I've managed the rest in the evenings since and this morning. All without fuss.
My only difficulty is the bobbins. With so many different colours, I'm always needing a new colour in the bobbin - but more than 3 months after I ordered them, I'm still waiting for another 24 from the UK. First they sent 6 bobbins, instead of 6 packs of 5. And when I still hadn't received the rest a few weeks ago, I contacted them again. The glib response was that they'd immediately shipped the right amount for a second time, but with not a word of apology I'm inclined to doubt the veracity of that. Bobbins for the 8-series are hideously pricey, so it's no tiny investment on my part. I'll give it a few more weeks to allow for slow shipping, but in the meantime, I'm out of empty bobbins and I hate that!