Tuesday, 1 January 2013

2012 at Sampaguita Quilts

I'm welcoming the New Year in the way I intend to continue; quilting.

As 2012 draws to a close, here's a quick look back on the quilts I made this year.

I started the year making this starry baby quilt in the summer heat at Port Hughes:


Next up was this silver and aqua on white wholecloth wallhanging for Australian Patchwork & Quilting:


Then I got stuck into a few flannel baby quilts; first this colourful one for Simon's cousin:


And this one in shades of blue for a close friend:


Followed by these brighter owls for my cousin:


After that I finally finished this large nautical lap quilt for Simon, spurred on by a deadline for AP&Q:


Then another large quilt; this bed quilt for my second niece:



I followed that with something rather smaller; this wholecloth quilt for round 12 of the Flickr Doll Quilt Swap :


The next quilt was a commissioned piece for a baby, based on my tree quilts:


Then came a commissioned variation on my foundation-pieced Bear in the Woods which now hangs in a house in Yosemite:


After these commissions, I put many hours into heavily custom quilting my next quilt for AP&Q:


Next up was a quick baby quilt in greens for a work colleague:


Then the recently revealed Brilliance, made again for AP&Q:


The next quilt was a quick commission with a difference; this quilt is weighted with pellets to soothe a child with sensory difficulties:


Then a quilt designed to go with my cousin's baby nursery:


And a large, commissioned beach scene quilt:


Yet another commission came next; a variation of my tree quilts, but with giraffes:


The next quilt was again for AP&Q; just a peek for now as it won't be out for another month or so:


I joined an invitation-only swap and made this small wholecloth for FLiQS2:


With my new machine, I was then able to finally finish the appliqued butterfly quilt for Gran:


Next came a triangle-based quilt using Tula Pink's The Birds and the Bees fabric, destined for AP&Q and then a special birthday girl:


After that I made another quilt for AP&Q; again just a peek for now:


Next came a slightly dissatisfying and still unnamed triangle quilt, which I still need to photograph properly:


And finally, I made this large wave for Eleanor's first school teacher:



I've rounded out the year by quilting on several customer quilts.

24 Quilts, including 7 for publication and 5 commissions, plus 7 customer quilts

It's been another big year for me; more commissioned, customer and magazine work, trying some new things, finally finishing a special project, and of course getting my much-awaited sewing computer - the 820. I'm looking forward to a busy and productive 2013, and hope you'll join me!

Happy New Year - on the dot!


5 comments:

sherry said...

wow i have managed to complete 3 and also finished the fourth

LynCC said...

So many wonderful works!! I think Glenelg and Fluttering By are my favorites, but they all make me smile.

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Absolutely beautiful quilts, and fantastic quilting. I do love that butterfly quilt - stunning!!

Frances Arnold said...

You have had a marvelous year with some beautiful work to show for it. Can't wait to see what is to come in 2013!!!

Linda H. said...

Your quilting and productivity are phenomenal! If I could do an eighth as much, I'd be happy. Well done! Have a wonderful 2013.