The reason for the lack of posts all last week is that I've been working on quilting this. I can't show it to you properly yet - I will when I can. The quilting took an age, and I was doing my best not to procrastinate and blog instead of quilting!
First, all the background quilting was really quite dense (stitching lines about 3/16in apart) and then I decided I really did need to quilt in-the-ditch to give the front more definition. The quilting is now done, and the binding almost finished.
The photo directly above and below were taken before I added the final swirls in the empty sections.
The whole thing is quilted using Bottom Line threads, mostly white a but a few small patches in lime green. I'd say there's well over a kilometre of quilting thread in this piece, and it's only around 50in square!
I enjoyed quilting these ferns - not least because they were different from the drunk pointy paisley I was very tired of! I do like the effect of the quliting, and it worked well on this quilt because of all the triangular shapes - but at the same time I had to work hard to make sure the paisleys didn't follow the pieced background triangles too closely.