Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Autumn leaves

Once that tail was done, the next step was the tree itself, which is now appliqued in place. Then I cut out the leaves in a variety of autumnal colours, with my intended binding fabric (to the left) as a guide.

All the leaves are together here, to  see how the colours work - once I'm happy with the colours, I'll spread them out over the whole tree. There are still a lot more here than I would usually put on one of these trees (I did lots so I could play with the colours) so it's likely that some won't make the final cut. So far, I absolutely love the colours and the way this quilt is coming together.

No comments: