I've started quilting this cute Paris-themed quilt. The borders have a little fullness, so I decided to quilt them first, rather than compound the issue by quilting the centre first.
I used very angled lighting and no flash to show it on the busy print above, but it shows much better from the back, below.
In some ways it seems overkill on the print, but I really like it. It's also fairly quick and easy fro feathers, as I have a simple way of doing the spines, which I'll explain tomorrow. It's a method I've used before and loved - and been wanting to do again. I'll likely get it out of my system on this huge border! The border is about 9in wide, and the quilted section shown is about 15in long. I've since quilted about 35in, but am little more than 10% of the way around.