I finally finished Eleanor’s first quilt last night; she’s nearly 6 weeks old.
(photo temporarily removed until quilt is published in AP&Q!)
This is the one that will hang in the nursery (I moved the frog quilt with James into his new room). I had been designing this one with nothing in particular in mind, then thought it would work well to replace the frog one. I wanted to try something using different colourings of the same block, and am really happy with it. It was designed using EQ5 software, and the main border fabric was one in the software package. Nothing in my extensive stash worked as well or had such a glow, so I hunted on the internet and ordered some from the US. The white squares are not pieced, but quilted along the same lines as the pieced blocks; I love the effect.
Next to finish her play quilt…