Wednesday 23 January 2008

Busy busy busy!

At New Year, I only had a handful of projects on the go or coning up. Suddenly I have so many I have rearranged my lists to the right! I find myself with 4 commissions, a group project, a few of my own creative ideas, and another budding idea which I'll discuss with my fellow Goddesses on Thursday night before mentioning.

The Goddesses (in Training) are a group of wonderful women who get together to enjoy food and company, and do a lot of work for a handful of local women's (and associate children's) charities. I confess to being a less active participant - those with adult children (and less of a quilting addiction) seem to have more time for it!

I have the go-ahead from Leia, and am off to Hettie's Patch tomorrow to find some red-on-white (mostly white) fabrics for Ruby's quilt, so the machine is about to get a good thrashing again. It might be time for a service, new needles and a new rotary blade first!

I'm due to return to work part time in early March - I had a call about that today. Eeek! I really need to, but 1) I love being home with James and Eleanor, 2) I have no idea what I'll be doing or if I'll like it and 3) WHEN will I do all my quilts?

Ah, yes. Between midnight and 2am as usual!

The beginnings of a new design:

1 comment:

Austysmum said...

Love the new design Em! We must have been having some sort of telepathic link as I was imagining up something similar today (when I was supposed to be concentrating in a meeting...) with colours blending from one colour to the next. Your block design is stunning, love how it looks curved but it's actually straight, almost as if it's moving!