Thursday 24 January 2008

Not enough on my plate?

Tonight after a lovely meal with lovely ladies, I made my offer to make a quilt to raffle for the Goddesses. Jen, who runs the group (and is my brother-in-law's mother-in-law (!) ) swooped on my idea, so I have a new project. I warned them it would just be a wall-hanging and not to expect it any time soon, so I don't have to worry about it just yet. We agreed subtle colours would be best, so I'm going to work with a palette I haven't used for a while.

Despite being up into the wee hours again last night, I didn't quite finish cutting the pieces for the blocks in Leia's quilt this morning, when I fussy-cut the centres of the Ohio-Star blocks. I didn't have much time today, even with James being at childcare. I joined 2 piles of 112 red and cream triangles into 112 large triangles and have started pressing them. That's it!
Tonight's aim is to turn those into 56 Squares ready for trimming, then tidy the house before we have visitors tomorrow. My sister-in-law is bringing my neice who's nearly 1, and we're going to try taking some photos of her with the backdrop and perspex set-up. Simon's cousin's wife (!) is also bringing her boy who is just 1, and a girl of the same age she often babysits.

No comments: