Monday 12 January 2009

2008 at Sampaguita Quilts

2008 was a big year for me, with more quilts than ever. In June my first published quilt (Eleanor's Quilt, made in 2007) came out in Australian Patchwork and Quilting. I also made my first (and 2nd, 3rd and 4th!) commissioned pieces. Here is a quick summary in photos:

1. Stars in her Eyes - first commissioned piece, a single-bed quilt.

2. Red and White and Butterflies All Over - another single-bed commission
3. Reflections of Autumn - baby's play quilt for a friend in England.

4. Wild Wind - baby play quilt for an online friend using the strips and curves technique

5. Evening Indulgence - wallhanging made for the Matilda Fund to raffle and raise funds for an Adelaide charity, and to be featured in Australian Quilters' Companion in March 2009.
6. Sailing with Dolphins - first birthday play quilt for an online friend's boy.

7. Symmetry - memorial quilt for a partner at Simon's work who lost his infant son to SIDS.

8. The Quilt at Pooh Corner - commissioned play quilt for a first birthday. Blogger insists on rotating the image every time!

9. Dipped in Chocolate - table runner made for Natalie as part of the EB Quilters' Table Runner Swap.

10. Winter's Garden - collaborative baby quilt with the EB quilters; I made one block and put it together and quilted it.

11. Eva's Garden - another single-bed commission.

12. Plant in Full Sun - mini quilt made for Margaret in the Summer round of the Four Seasons Quilt Swap. Made in winter here!

13. An Early Snowfall - baby play quilt for a work friend's baby boy who arrived 6 weeks early.

14. Change of Season - baby play quilt for one of my best friends. One of my favourites due to the fabrics!

15. No Pot of Gold - originally meant as a baby play quilt, but became a wall-hanging for me to keep!
16. Rainbow Whirls - the replacement baby play quilt for my cousin's second baby.

17. Twinkle, Twinkle - originally started as a birth quilt for an online friend; finished as a 3rd birthday gift once I finally got the photo I needed!

18. Outback Silhouette - mini quilt made for Melinda as part of the ALQS2. I wanted to keep this, too!
19. Swimming in the Sun - mini (doll) quilt made for Sandi as part of the EBDQS2.

20. Quilt #2364 (Sue's Quilt) - lap quilt made for one of James and Eleanor's carers who changed jobs.

21. Our Favourite Star - lap quilt made for one of James and Eleanor's carers who moved interstate.

22. Daydreams - play quilt made for a special friend's brand new baby girl.

23. Joy of Friendship - another collaborative baby quilt with blocks from the EB quilters, and put together by me.

24. The Right Direction - wallhanging made as a wedding gift (more photos of this one later).

25. Celebrate - mini quilt, so-named for the stars and its NYE finish. Yet to be blogged.
Whew!

8 comments:

Leah said...

What a lovely gallery of your year's work!

Melinda said...

I love seeing all of your project for the year and am especially happy that one of them is mine. Thank you again!

Ellie said...

I love Winter Garden and Change of Season and mine as well ;-p

Helen said...

Great collection Em! Lots of stars and points I noticed, my fav is no#14, nice and crisp colours. Can't wait to see what you produce in 2009!

becanne said...

WOW!!!!!!

Can't pick a fav but the outback one draws my eye over and over.

Love how one of your faves is the one that looks the simplest (is that a word?).

Great work, can't wait to see what comes next...

red in oz said...

Wow, what a collection, hope 2009 is equally creative and productive.

The outback one is stunning, and I love the dolphin. The right direction just looks so professional... Too hard to choose just one though.

Austysmum said...

Wow! What a year it's been for you - 25 quilts in 12 months... that's just over one every fortnight! Don't know how you did it. My favourite is most certainly Daydreams, especially as I am the lucky recipient... I mean MAdelyn is the lucky recipient ;) The fabrics are just stunning as is the design. Looking forward to watching all the beauties you make this year pop up on your blog.

Samarth Kulkarni said...

Thank you for sharing such great information. It has help me in finding out more detail about single bed quilt online.