Monday, 12 January 2009

2008 at Sampaguita Quilts

2008 was a big year for me, with more quilts than ever. In June my first published quilt (Eleanor's Quilt, made in 2007) came out in Australian Patchwork and Quilting. I also made my first (and 2nd, 3rd and 4th!) commissioned pieces. Here is a quick summary in photos:

1. Stars in her Eyes - first commissioned piece, a single-bed quilt.

2. Red and White and Butterflies All Over - another single-bed commission
3. Reflections of Autumn - baby's play quilt for a friend in England.

4. Wild Wind - baby play quilt for an online friend using the strips and curves technique

5. Evening Indulgence - wallhanging made for the Matilda Fund to raffle and raise funds for an Adelaide charity, and to be featured in Australian Quilters' Companion in March 2009.
6. Sailing with Dolphins - first birthday play quilt for an online friend's boy.

7. Symmetry - memorial quilt for a partner at Simon's work who lost his infant son to SIDS.

8. The Quilt at Pooh Corner - commissioned play quilt for a first birthday. Blogger insists on rotating the image every time!

9. Dipped in Chocolate - table runner made for Natalie as part of the EB Quilters' Table Runner Swap.

10. Winter's Garden - collaborative baby quilt with the EB quilters; I made one block and put it together and quilted it.

11. Eva's Garden - another single-bed commission.

12. Plant in Full Sun - mini quilt made for Margaret in the Summer round of the Four Seasons Quilt Swap. Made in winter here!

13. An Early Snowfall - baby play quilt for a work friend's baby boy who arrived 6 weeks early.

14. Change of Season - baby play quilt for one of my best friends. One of my favourites due to the fabrics!

15. No Pot of Gold - originally meant as a baby play quilt, but became a wall-hanging for me to keep!
16. Rainbow Whirls - the replacement baby play quilt for my cousin's second baby.

17. Twinkle, Twinkle - originally started as a birth quilt for an online friend; finished as a 3rd birthday gift once I finally got the photo I needed!

18. Outback Silhouette - mini quilt made for Melinda as part of the ALQS2. I wanted to keep this, too!
19. Swimming in the Sun - mini (doll) quilt made for Sandi as part of the EBDQS2.

20. Quilt #2364 (Sue's Quilt) - lap quilt made for one of James and Eleanor's carers who changed jobs.

21. Our Favourite Star - lap quilt made for one of James and Eleanor's carers who moved interstate.

22. Daydreams - play quilt made for a special friend's brand new baby girl.

23. Joy of Friendship - another collaborative baby quilt with blocks from the EB quilters, and put together by me.

24. The Right Direction - wallhanging made as a wedding gift (more photos of this one later).

25. Celebrate - mini quilt, so-named for the stars and its NYE finish. Yet to be blogged.
Whew!

7 comments:

Leah said...

What a lovely gallery of your year's work!

Melinda said...

I love seeing all of your project for the year and am especially happy that one of them is mine. Thank you again!

Ellie said...

I love Winter Garden and Change of Season and mine as well ;-p

Helen said...

Great collection Em! Lots of stars and points I noticed, my fav is no#14, nice and crisp colours. Can't wait to see what you produce in 2009!

becanne said...

WOW!!!!!!

Can't pick a fav but the outback one draws my eye over and over.

Love how one of your faves is the one that looks the simplest (is that a word?).

Great work, can't wait to see what comes next...

Red Haired Girl said...

Wow, what a collection, hope 2009 is equally creative and productive.

The outback one is stunning, and I love the dolphin. The right direction just looks so professional... Too hard to choose just one though.

Austy's Mum said...

Wow! What a year it's been for you - 25 quilts in 12 months... that's just over one every fortnight! Don't know how you did it. My favourite is most certainly Daydreams, especially as I am the lucky recipient... I mean MAdelyn is the lucky recipient ;) The fabrics are just stunning as is the design. Looking forward to watching all the beauties you make this year pop up on your blog.