Sunday 20 December 2009

Just me

Simon has taken James and Eleanor to join his parents at their holiday house for a few days, and I'm busy at home all by myself! Well, I did start by lazing in front of the cricket for a few hours this afternoon... Before they return I hope to have the Christmas letter written, cards written and sent, shopping finished, the tree decorated, and a few jobs done. And finish this:


It's the start of my next quilt. I'm going with simple piecing again, and am hoping to make it sing with the quilting - though I haven't really thought about how I'm going to quilt it yet. Tonight I finished the design and cut and pieced 25 of these. The 4 blocks still need their corner triangles to set them on point, then they're ready to join together. The feature fabric is from the Posh range by Chez Moi for Moda, and I plan to use it in the border as well.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love the In the Pink fabric (ribbons). I have used it for my daughter's dress and other quilty things. Would still love to see a full pic of your star quilt-