Thursday 11 February 2010

Feathers and Fur

Feathers: I completed this quilt tonight, and tomorrow when I'm not quite so tired I will put it in my Etsy shop - and blog it properly.
Fur: We had another koala in or garden topday. James insistently pointed out the 'animal' as we were getting in the car this morning, and finally I spotted it - only the arm was visible from where we were. She (her pouch was clearly visible when she climbed up) was at eye-level and very friendly, and we put out a large bowl of water as it was a stinking hot day. She had a good sniff of my hand, and rather enjoyed a gentle pat. She was there still/again when we got home. I did take photos, but they're on my phone, and I've no idea how to do anything with them from there!

5 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Photos on the phone ... if you have messaging you can send them to your email addy.

Beautiful. Thanks for help the koala.

What Comes Next? said...

Oh that turned out fabulously - love it! I am always amazed when I hear about stories of koala bears up so close and personal, never having seen one in person! Another reason for a trip downunder!

Beena said...

Beautiful, Emma! It is absolutely beautiful!

Jonathan said...

Beautiful!
It's amazing that you have koalas in your backyard, WOW! The most exciting thing we ever here is a raccoon. LOL

Annieofbluegables said...

beautiful quilt.
cute story about the koala.
try sending the picture to your email address. once on your computer, you can save it and then post it. I would love to see.
~a