Here's my new wheatbag. I found the remaining wheat I had in the cupboard, decided it would nicely fill a bag if I cut a square using my 12.5in ruler, and that was it for measuring! I just folded the square in half and sewed right-sides together around all but 4in, doudble-stitched the seam with a short stitch, turned the bag, poured the wheat in, and top-stitched it shut. Done! I'm planning to get some more wheat and make some more - as warmers for James and Eleanor, since the nights are suddenly cold, and some spares for me.
This play quilt is ready for binding. It's flannel back and front and is feathered all over. I FMQed a wavy snake going across the quilt 5 times over the whole thing, then feathered up and down either side of the line - simple, good feathers practice, and just right for the quilt - not too heavy and just adding a little intrest to the pieced top.