Sunday, 13 June 2010
Week 1 Giveaway Winner
It was fun reading all of your entries; a few had me giggling, but those who did their research were all relatively close.
First I'm giving a special mention to Adds, who first spent ages trying to wheedle clues out of me, then through pure luck and dogdy maths was actually pretty close!
At the time the photo was taken, there was approximately 1.42km (1420m) in the cupboards.
Now to try and answer some of the questions which arose, and to satisfy the statistician in me:
1. Almost my entire stash, expect maybe a few metres, is in the cupboards.
2. Since the photo was taken about 5 weeks ago), I have added about 30m, and have another 30 or so on the way. And I've had to do some refolding and re-organising to create some space!
3. Some metric/imperial conversions:
- 1420m = 1553yd or 0.88miles
- 1km = 0.6miles
- 1mile = 1.6km
4. I worked it out by weighing fabric. I took new fabric purchases whcih I knew to be full metres and figured out that a kilogram is approximately 7 metres of fabric. I made allowances for the shelf of flannels, and excluded backings.
5. It took me 17 months to go from 600m when I first 'assessed' my stash at the end of August 2007 to reach 1 kilometre at the end of January 2009. I seem to be accumulating at a fairly consistent rate, since it's been another 16 months since then, and I've added another 460m in that time. I'd suggest looking for a 2km giveaway around the end of 2011 at ths rate!
And the winner, selected randomly from anyone whose guess was within 25% of the actual figure: Lily
The next giveaway will be up soon.