Wednesday 4 May 2011

Batiks and palms sound tropical...

...but this quilt won't look it!


Over Easter I opened out a Bali Pop I won last year, as well as another similar set I bought just recently.


I've been making them into these Palm blocks - I seem to have had a bit of an obsession with these blocks for a while; I must get them out of my system! The snowflake background wasn't completely intentional - but I have a large supply of snowflake yardage, and this was the right colour and I had plenty for this project.

4 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Hmm, you'd think I would have tried making Palm blocks myself - being FlourishingPalms - but I haven't. Yours are sure very pretty.

Anonymous said...

The square looks great and what a beautiful set of fabrics.

Chris said...

Gosh you are so prolific with your quilts! I wish I had your energy to get one done! Congrats on all your lovely quilts.

Nancy Page said...

Love these palms and the colors. I think it is great snowflakes and all. Well cone!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.