Monday 16 May 2011

Gum leaf quilting


Yesterday I started quilting my cousin's quilt. The Habitat fabrics have an understated colour-scheme, and although the main print is dandelions, in small pieces they could also be gum blossoms. I hadn't noticed it, but Simon put that and the colours together have a bit of an Australian feel, and he suggested gum leaves in the quiting. I'd already decided that an allover would be best for this quilt, so doodled with pen and paper until I came up with this random combination of loops and gum leaves.

7 comments:

Lynette said...

The fabrics in this quilt are gorgeous, and the gum leaves are pertect!

Peta said...

Love it! Look forward to seeing the finished product. I have been eyeing off the Habitat range myself - you make it look even better than I thought! :)

What Comes Next? said...

I really like the Habitat line, and this looks just fabulous

Bec Clarke said...

Beautiful colours and I love the pattern. Is it another of your designs? And as per usual the quilting is divine.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

The loops and gum leaves quilting is brilliant. The joy of making your own designs.

Joan said...

THe quilting goes perfectly Emma - and of course your quilting is wonderful!

Nancy Page said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!! Well done!

Have a super great sewing and quilting day.