I realised after receiving an email a while back that I had never blogged the photos of this Hot Possum quilt I quilted for a customer about 2 years ago! So I spent a while digging through my files and editing these:
It's entirely quilted with BottomLine threads. I quilted in the ditch between each block and around each applique. Then I used a different filler around each animal, did a little quilting on some of the larger animals where it was needed, and filled the remaining odd shapes with a variety of patterns.
A version of filigree around the giraffes (above).
A vine around the Gorilla (above and detail below).
Lots of tiny leaves round the monkeys in the tree:
and grass quilted in the stripy print beneath the monkeys:
Wavy lines radiating from the zebra:
Loop-the-loop around the flamingoes:
A snakey line around the snake:
I did a swirly pattern around the elephant, stippled the large body, and quilted some wrinkles along the trunk:
From the back to show it better; a double-loop around the rhino, with a feather and a starflower in the plain blocks beneath:
Stars and loops in the plain blue above the giraffes:
Again from the back; swirly stamen-like lines radiating from the flower applique:
And some more of the patterns in the plain blocks:
This was the one of the first customer quilts I quilted, and I remember having so much trouble with the Pfaff and breaking threads and skipped stitches. It took way, way, way longer than it should have! I also undercharged badly for it, I realise now!