Monday 14 May 2012

Cute Owls

Last week I quilted another of Kayscha's quilts. This one is in vibrant, fresh colours, and features some owl prints by Australian designer Saffron Craig.


I'm having to work hard at the moment to come up with allover quilting designs that aren't open feathers. Yet another reason a longarm would be nice - pantographs! There are a lot I like, but am not up to quilting them totally freehand! Anyway, I think I'm at risk of totally overusing the open feather designs, so I spent ages dithering over a design for this. I ended up using this double-loop, which worked well - but I think I'd've preferred the open feathers!



4 comments:

Mom said...

It looks just fine and appropriate. Some busy fabrics (ok, most of them) are not suited for feathers. I try to reserve feathers for when they will show (some reward for the effort).

Mom said...

It looks just fine and appropriate. Some busy fabrics (ok, most of them) are not suited for feathers. I try to reserve feathers for when they will show (some reward for the effort).

Ellie-Mae said...

I got a long arm this weekend, and pantographs are hard. I need several more big practice sessions I think.
The quilting on these sweet little owls is adorable. Well done.

Becky said...

Emma, Kayscha is going to love this. I really like the double swirls on it as something different. You do feathers better than anyone I know, but it is nice to have other options for busier prints.