Sunday 16 September 2012

More swooning

I mentioned yesterday about my first feather starting a different shape when it's not next to another feather - here you can see just how different; these are the feathers I drew compared with what I eventually quilted!


I finished all the feathering and have moved on to filling the little arcs and corners at the side of the quilt with McTavishing, to tie in with that in the centres of the feathered circles and inside the circles around the stars in the middle of the Swoon blocks. I start by echoing between 1/8 and 1/4in around the feathers, then fill the remaining space:


There are only a few more of these to go, then it's on to filling the gaps in the middle (partially visible on the left in the photo above). More McTavishing will be involved.

No comments: