I spent yesterday evening sandwiching my quilt. Then as I was finishing, I received a comment, asking what size the quilt was. At 60in square, it occurred to me it was a fairly useless size - too big for a lap or a wall, yet too small an the wrong shape for a bed. So this afternoon I went and bought some fabrics. Then I 'unsandwiched' it all, and have been adding a few borders, which will take it to a loely (and huge) 100 x 92in - king size. I admit I'm not exactly looking forward to 'resandwiching' it - especially at its new and improved size!
In the meantime, just look at the contrast between these folded hand dyed fabrics (above; nothing spectaular) and the gorgeous gradients you see when they're opened out. This was my latest purchase from Vicki's Etsy shop.
Next up is a special order with a 80 x 100in gradient piece to use as a quilt background.