Saturday, 7 January 2012

Starry night

This afternoon I appliqued the star to my quick quilt, then cut into my bolt of navy blue for the backing. I bought the bolt close to 10 years ago, for a project I've long-since rejected, and figure it's about time I made use of it!


This is how the quilt looked from the back once I'd done the yellow quilting. I used a machine embroidery thread on the front and matching Aurifil in the bobbin, and it has a lovely sheen.


I've since also filled over half of the background with a loopy fill using navy BottomLine top and bottom. Another half-hour should see it ready to trim, bind and label.

1 comment:

M-R said...

It looks wonderful, Emma. The yellow really pops. Looking forward to seeing the whole thing!