An email late last week suddenly changed my quilty plans for the weekend. This pile came out of the cupboard on Friday night and got cut:
Simon took both James and Eleanor sailing on Saturday, so I got stuck in. I laid out all my pieces, and was just pressing the final seam when they got home.
I did most of the quilting last night, using a flower variation on my open feathers I worked out recently.
It's just one open feather plume to each side, then a swirl up from the centre, and 4-6 half-circle petals around the top of the swirl. Then repeat. It fills the quilt nicely, and I just threw in a few extra plumes here and there to fill odd spaces or get myself out of a corner.
The working name for this quilt is Garden Paths, and it will be appearing in AP&Q later this year. It's fun and pretty easy and makes a lovely baby's play quilt.