Wednesday 17 June 2009

Anticipation

Ultimtely I had so much fun quilting that last project, I can't wait to get this one ready to start on it! So tonight I worked out the next quilt - or so I thought. Progress was hampered by ironing one of the vliesofix pieces the wrong way up! And it took a long time to decide on a palette. This was what I had in mind:

1.
It'll also go on a white-on-white background.

But while laying the pieces out to photograph for this, one idea led to another... I think I have a favourite, but I'm open to suggestion, which do you like best?

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.
Now to decide and get the applique done quickly so I can get back to that quilting...

7 comments:

Beena said...

I think I like the last arrangement the best. You know, looking at these pieces and knowing that you will be using white for a background, made me think that you should try this design with shadow trapunto. Seems perfect for that.

Dresden Quilter said...

I like #1 and #4 but probably #1 the best.

Nadine said...

LOVE the last layout, with the curves layered and interlocked! It's just awesome! You're on a roll aren't you?

Mom said...

#5, but it may be harder to applique well. Not so sure about the stark white background though.

Lily Mulholland said...

I like number four the best - must be my perception of symmetry :)

More McTavishing?

Fabulous!

Austysmum said...

I like #5 the best but #6 works well for me too.

thehummingcat said...

#2 or #6, partial to #3 as well!!