I have sandwiched the D9P quilt; a tedious job due to me foolishly stretching the pieced blocks so the seams were wide open when adding the borders. This meant when basting it I had to work really hard to pull the pieced blocks taut and even to keep the borders straight. But I got it done in the end, and have started the quilting.
I'm actually pretty proud of what I've done so far. I drew a few trials on paper, then did one on a scrap sandwich before getting stuck into it. I've done about 8 so far (some are better than others) and there are plenty more to go. This is quite a departure from what I've done previously. Ages ago I did do free-motion quilted vines in some sashing, but usually the free-motion quilting I do is limited to simple things like swirls and waves. And more often than not it's not even free-motion; it's in-the-ditch, gentle curving lines or something similar. I'm also all inspired by Helen and Joy and am going to finish the ends of the quilting properly when I'm done!
I finished the log cabin blocks the other day, and here are a few of them laid together; just so I could see if the cool/warm contrast worked. I am still debating the layout, which will eventually use some other blocks as well. Eleanor hit 3 months on Monday, so here is the next in the series of photos of her on her quilt. It's hard to believe how fast she's growing! And one taken last night, just because I couldn't resist!