Friday, 25 September 2009

Quilting success

Finally I seem to have cracked it! After a long evening of quilting in the ditch, I got to the FMQ stage which I've been looking forward to. And I managed this entire section with no thread breakages and no skipped stitches. I'm putting that down to the full combination of Aurifil 50wt thread, topstitch needle (which I've been using all along) and the spring-foot unstead of the sensor one. But as much as I want to continue, it's 2.30am, and James and Eleanor have swimming at 9.30 tomorrow, so I'd better get to bed!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Your quilting looks lovely, Emma! I know what you mean about in-the-ditch stuff first. After it, you can have fun with the FMQ. You've done a great job. I think Aurifil 50-weight is the best - always what I use. And I quilt with a size 75 quilting needle. Anyway, your perseverance is showing! Congratulations!

Leah said...

Well done - it looks fabbo!

Beena said...

It looks great! I'll bet you can't wait to get back to working on it!

Cascade Lily said...

Congrats on persevering Emma. It must've been driving you crazy but now you have fixed it! Yay!!